Motherboard and iCracked Are Tearing Down an iPhone 7 on Facebook Live
We're opening up the new iPhone right now!
Image: jason Koebler
The new iPhone is out, so, naturally, the first thing we're going to do with it is tear it open. We've got iCracked repair tech Taha Jahmi in the VICE office to help us take Apple's new toy apart to see what the company did with all that extra space it got from removing the headphone jack. Things to look out for:
- What's the new, buttonless home button look like?
- Where are the Touch IC connectors, which malfunction regularly in the iPhone 6 Plus? Are they on the logic board or the screen display?
- What's where the headphone jack used to be?
- What does the camera display look like?
- How much glue is in this thing, and how hard is it to get open?
- Where are independent and DIY repair people most likely going to have trouble with this thing?
- Does opening it ruin its water resistance?
- How hard is it to get the battery out?
- Will we destroy the phone or otherwise fuck up this very expensive gadget?
You can follow along (or watch a recording of the video) here.