Hurricane Sandy the frankenstorm is here, and it means the East Coast will be drowned and blown away and will suffer damages of historic proportions. More importantly, it means internet memes. And hijinks. See for yourself, go Googling: The internet thinks this hurricane is the best thing to happen to it since Clint Eastwood’s chair.
So here is how we go online to distract ourselves from the biggest storm in history. Here are the just-for-kicks #relevant photoshop sessions and quick stabs at avatar’d notoriety; here is how we are “joining the conversation,” here is what we are tweeting and liking about the storm as it swirls around us.
8. It is Frankenstorm, obviously
7. Hurricane Sandra + Sandra Dee = Hurricane Sandra Dee
6. obligatory monster weather giffage
5. Mitt’s Storm Tips for the 1%
Women, stay indoors until you receive instruction from the nearest man. #MittStormTips
— Mitt’s Storm Tips (@MittStormTips) October 28, 2012
— Mitt’s Storm Tips (@MittStormTips) October 29, 2012
4. NASA’s Viral Time Lapse YouTube Video
3. Typically Busy New York City Locales That Are Deserted and Spooky-Looking
2. Irene vs. Sandy
1. the horse-headed man who runs through hurricanes